- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 3 carrots sliced
- 3 sweet potatoes chopped
- 2 parsnips chopped
- 2 celery stalks sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 2 low salt chicken stock cubes can sub for vegetable in 0.5L stock
- Peel and chop all of your ingredients. Make the potatoes and parsnips quite small so they don’t take too long to cook.
- In a little oil fry the onion, garlic and celery for a few minutes until soft.1 garlic clove, 2 celery stalks, 1 onion
- Add the rest of the vegetables and fry on a medium heat for around 5-10 minutes until they all start to soften.3 carrots, 3 sweet potatoes, 2 parsnips, 1 leek
- Add the stock and give it a good stir.2 low salt chicken stock cubes
- Bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes or until all the ingredients are soft.
- Remove from the heat and using a stick blender blend the food until there are no lumps and it’s a thick consistency.
- Serve with warm rolls and enjoy. (Add seasoning to adults soup when serving).