Salmon & Leek Pasta Bake
- 2 boneless salmon fillets
- 200 g penne pasta
- 1 large leek sliced (or 100g frozen sliced leeks)
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 80 g soft cheese
- 80 ml full fat milk
- 100 g peas
- 60 g cheddar cheese grated
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Wrap the salmon fillets individually in baking paper, put on a baking tray and bake for around 20 minutes or as per the packet instructions.2 boneless salmon fillets
- Meanwhile, boil some water in a pan. Add the pasta, bring back to the boil and simmer for around 11 minutes.200 g penne pasta
- Whilst this is boiling heat a little oil in a pan and start frying your leeks over a medium heat and cook for around 8 minutes or until softened.1 large leek
- Add the garlic and fry for a minute longer.2 garlic cloves
- Add the soft cheese and stir over a low heat, then add the milk and peas.80 g soft cheese, 80 ml full fat milk, 100 g peas
- Once the salmon had cooked add this (without the skin) to the cheese mixture, breaking it up and mixing it through.
- Once cooked add the drained pasta to the same mixture. Mix it all together and add to a oven proof dish (you may wish to preheat the empty dish in the oven or microwave before so it’s not cold). If you think you have more than what you need here, you can divide into portions ready for freezing.
- Add the grated cheese on top and pop under a preheated grill for a couple of minutes until the cheese is browned and bubbling.60 g cheddar cheese