- 250 g macaroni pasta
- 40 g unsalted butter
- 40 g plain flour
- 1 pint full fat milk
- 250 g cheddar cheese grated
- 1 tomato sliced
- Cook the macaroni in a saucepan of boiling water for 8-10 minutes and set aside.250 g macaroni pasta
- Meanwhile, melt the butter over a medium heat in a saucepan bigger than the one you cooked your macaroni in. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.40 g plain flour, 40 g unsalted butter
- Gradually whisk in the milk a little at a time, stirring constantly for 10-15 minutes until it's a thick and creamy sauce.1 pint full fat milk
- Preheat your grill.
- Remove your sauce from the hob and add around 175g of your cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined into the sauce. Add the macaroni and mix well.250 g cheddar cheese
- Add to an ovenproof container. *If freezing, divide into portions here and freeze
- Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top and add the sliced tomato.250 g cheddar cheese, 1 tomato
- Put under the grill for a few minutes until brown and bubbling.