Butternut Squash Soup
- ½ butternut squash peeled, deseeded and chopped into cubes
- 1 onion diced
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 cm ginger grated
- 500 ml vegetable stock made using one low salt vegetable stock cube
- Heat a little oil in a large pan.
- Fry the onions, butternut squash, carrots and potatoes over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until soft.½ butternut squash, 1 onion, 2 large carrots, 2 medium potatoes
- Add the garlic, ginger, rosemary and sage and fry for a few minutes more.3 garlic cloves, 1 sprig fresh rosemary, 1 cm ginger, 1 tsp sage
- Make up the stock in a jug or pan.500 ml vegetable stock
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Add more stock if needed.500 ml vegetable stock
- Remove from the heat. Using a stick blender, blend until smooth.